||Improving the Well-Being of Adolescents with an Emphasis on Ending Child Marriage
|Started on (Date)
|Phased out (Date) / Continuing
||Islampur and DewanganjUpazila under Jamalpur District
|Goal and Objectives
||to end the child marriage
- # Two-day basic training on community engagement and social mobilization for the Community Volunteers, Upazilla Coordinators and District Coordinator
- # Day-long orientations on ECM for the community leaders
- # Basic training/refresher for IPT groups on script, character, delivery and costume
- # Day-long orientations for the selected school teacher on Menstruation Hygiene Management
- # Organize IPT shows
- # Establish/Inaugurate Adolescent Friendly Health Services Corners
- # Local level campaigns on ending child marriage
- # Court yard Meeting/ Counseling
|Result of intervention
- # By 2020, families and communities have strengthened capacity to support improved and equitable development of adolescent girls and boys and protect adolescent rights, with a focus on ending harmful social practices and uptake of new behaviours.
- # By 2020, adolescent boys and girls from selected communities are engaged to develop capacities as agents of change and facilitate action to eliminate harmful social norms and practices with a focus on ending child marriage.
||Output 1: By August 2017, 64,510 people of Islampur and Dewanganj have enhanced capacities for the well-being of adolescents’ with a focus on ending harmful practices and up taking new behaviors.
Output 2: 36,280 adolescents from 180 communities of Islampur and Dewanganj have strengthened capacities and engaging communities for the well-being of adolescents with a focus on ending child marriage.
Output 3: Effective and efficient programme management
Impressive photographs (Project Image):